Applications are now open for our student-led committee for academic year 2020-2021! We are looking for open-minded, innovative & passionate individuals to join our team responsible for organizing events and master-minding initiatives to promote gender equality in STEM at King’s.
To put yourself forward for a position, simply fill out and submit the application form by 17:00, Wednesday 22nd April 2020. Descriptions of available roles are available below.
Candidates and the voting period will be announced later this month, following the application deadline.
Please note: to be eligible to apply, you MUST be a student (this includes PhD students too!) and have purchased free student membership to Women of the Wohl via KCLSU. To do so, simply login to KCLSU with your King’s login and find our group listing by searching for us under activity groups.
What roles can I apply for?
- President (must already have 1 year of experience on the committee to apply) As society leader the president is responsible for directing activities and goals for the academic year. They are responsible for ensuring the long term growth and development of the society, by being proactive in making new connections with other relevant groups and individuals as well as gauging the needs of our society community in order to develop initiatives and activities that are relevant to members’ interests. They will take the lead in coordinating organisation of society activities with the rest of the society committee, this includes delegation of responsibilities to other committee members, ensuring wellbeing of team members and that the organising committee runs smoothly as a cohesive team. The President is the primary point of liaison with KCLSU for any issues or administrative tasks relating to the effective running of the society.
- Vice President (must already have 1 year of experience on the committee to apply) Supports the President in their role, assisting with coordination of the committee as a cohesive team.
- Treasurer – Oversees the society’s budgeting for activities and events, ensuring there are sufficient funds available for the group’s activities. Authorises expense claims. Will also assist with general committee organisation and planning of events and initiatives. Is an additional point of liaison with KCLSU, along with the President.
- Secretary – Responsible for administrative organisation tasks, such as organising monthly committee meetings, collating meeting agendas, taking minutes and distributing meeting follow-up communications. Will also assist with general committee organisation and planning of events and initiatives.
- Events Coordinator – Works with the rest of the committee to execute practical organisation for events and activities. For example this may involve booking rooms and catering, liaising with booked speakers, assisting with setting up and running of events and developing promotional material with the rest of the committee.
Above all, our committee works collaboratively to support one another as a team. No matter what position you are in, there is always scope to bring your ideas to the table and make them happen!